lunes, 27 de enero de 2020

{Blog #2} My Ideal Reading Month


I shamelessly stole this idea from Katie from Books and Things.

But it's a great one!

I am a huge planner, which includes reading; I love crafting thematic TBRs and thinking ahead about what I'll be reading throughout the year. Paradoxically, I am also a big mood reader, so I tend to jump from book to book thinking "huh, I'd really love to read this right now" even if I haven't finished the other five books I have going on. 

You can see how this is a terrible booknerd conundrum.

This is why I loved the "ideal month" concept: it gives me enough structure to remind myself to read broadly, while giving me enough freedom to choose what I'm in the mood for. I have also decided I'm capable of juggling around three books at the same time (exceptions can be made for big anthologies/compilations), so I will try to stick to that number.

Last year I was asked how many books I read a month, and I figured the answer is about six to eight, factoring in the hectic finals months (which I won't be having for a while, but I feel it's important to not be overambitious). 

So, here it is, the result of all my bookish-soul-searching: MY IDEAL READIG MONTH.

Seven prompts that fit my idea of a well-rounded reading month, which I would like to replicate every month. A caveat: unlike Katie, I will not be counting multiple books towards one prompt or viceversa. Rather, once every prompt of the month is "ticked", I'm free. I would also like to make this project a priority throughout the year, and will be writing an "ideal month wrap-up" every month. 

Without further ado...

My Ideal Reading Month
  1. Classic (modern classics included)
  2. Contemporary fiction (short stories or novels)
  3. Translated fiction or fiction in Spanish (short stories or novels)
  4. Essay collection, Biography or Memoir
  5. Non-Fiction (any other genre)
  6. Poetry collection or Play
  7. Reread (any genre, but this can't count towards other prompts)
This has worked well for January and I have high hopes for the rest of the year. If you want to know more about my reading plans, you can check my booktube channel.


No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario

© I can resist anything except temptation... and a good bookstore
Maira Gall